Crunch - Hands Overhead
6 minutes for reading 345 views
Abs (look at the image)
How to perform exercise
- Lie on the floor with your back flat and knees bent with around a 60-degree angle between the hamstrings and the calves.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor and stretch your arms overhead with your palms crossed. This will be your starting position.
- Curl your upper body forward and bring your shoulder blades just off the floor. At all times, keep your arms aligned with your head, neck and shoulder. Don't move them forward from that position. Exhale as you perform this portion of the movement and hold the contraction for a second.
- Slowly lower down to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: For the most advanced lifters, a weighted plate can be held in your hands.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Abs, and auxiliary muscles:
You can try replacing the exercise «Crunch - Hands Overhead» with one of these exercises. The possibility of replacement is determined on the basis of the muscle groups involved.
Crunch - Hands Overhead Author: AtletIQ: on Crunch - Hands Overhead — The benefits of exercise, how to properly perform and how many sets to do.. Rating: 5