Standing Front Barbell Raise Over Head
How to perform exercise
- To begin, stand straight with a barbell in your hands. You should grip the bar with palms facing down and a closer than shoulder width grip apart from each other.
- Your feet should be shoulder width apart from each other. Your elbows should be slightly bent. This is the starting position.
- Lift the barbell up until it is directly over your head while exhaling. Make sure to keep your elbows slightly bent when performing each repetition.
- Once you feel the contraction, begin to lower the barbell back down to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: This exercise can also be performed with dumbbells in each hand or by using a close or wide grip with the barbell. By alternating the widths of your grip, you will be able to contract different parts of the shoulders for an overall better physique.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Shoulders, and auxiliary muscles: Middle Back
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Standing Front Barbell Raise Over Head » are among the best rated by athletes.