One Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl
How to perform exercise
- Grab a dumbbell with the right arm and place the upper arm on top of the preacher bench or the incline bench. The dumbbell should be held at shoulder length. This will be your starting position.
- As you breathe in, slowly lower the dumbbell until your upper arm is extended and the biceps is fully stretched.
- As you exhale, use the biceps to curl the weight up until your biceps is fully contracted and the dumbbell is at shoulder height. Again, remember that to ensure full contraction you need to bring that small finger higher than the thumb.
- Squeeze the biceps hard for a second at the contracted position and repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- Switch arms and repeat the movement.
Variations: You can perform this exercise using a low pulley instead of a dumbbell. In this case you will need to position the bench in front of the pulley.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Biceps, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «One Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl» are among the best rated by athletes.