Cable Seated Crunch
How to perform exercise
- Seat on a flat bench with your back facing a high pulley.
- Grasp the cable rope attachment with both hands (with the palms of the hands facing each other) and place your hands securely over both shoulders. Tip: Allow the weight to hyperextend the lower back slightly. This will be your starting position.
- With the hips stationary, flex the waist so the elbows travel toward the hips. Breathe out as you perform this step.
- As you inhale, go back to the initial position slowly.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variation: Exercise bands can be used for this exercise.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Abs, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Cable Seated Crunch» are among the best rated by athletes.