Cable Hip Adduction
How to perform exercise
- Stand in front of a low pulley facing forward with one leg next to the pulley and the other one away.
- Attach the ankle cuff to the cable and also to the ankle of the leg that is next to the pulley.
- Now step out and away from the stack with a wide stance and grasp the bar of the pulley system.
- Stand on the foot that does not have the ankle cuff (the far foot) and allow the leg with the cuff to be pulled towards the low pulley. This will be your starting position.
- Now perform the movement by moving the leg with the ankle cuff in front of the far leg by using the inner thighs to abduct the hip. Breathe out during this portion of the movement.
- Slowly return to the starting position as you breathe in.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions and then repeat the same movement with the opposite leg.
Variations: You can use an inner thigh machine to perform this movement or you can also use ankle weights or an exercise band.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Quads, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Cable Hip Adduction » are among the best rated by athletes.