Low Pulley Row To Neck
How to perform exercise
- Sit on a low pulley row machine with a rope attachment.
- Grab the ends of the rope using a palms-down grip and sit with your back straight and your knees slightly bent. Tip: Keep your back almost completely vertical and your arms fully extended in front of you. This will be your starting position.
- While keeping your torso stationary, lift your elbows and start bending them as you pull the rope towards your neck while exhaling. Throughout the movement your upper arms should remain parallel to the floor. Tip: Continue this motion until your hands are almost next to your ears (the forearms will not be parallel to the floor at the end of the movement as they will be angled a bit upwards) and your elbows are out away from your sides.
- After holding for a second or so at the contracted position, come back slowly to the starting position as you inhale. Tip: Again, during no part of the movement should the torso move.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Shoulders, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Low Pulley Row To Neck» are among the best rated by athletes.