Push-Ups With Feet Elevated
How to perform exercise
- Lie on the floor face down and place your hands about 36 inches apart from each other holding your torso up at arms length.
- Place your toes on top of a flat bench. This will allow your body to be elevated. Note: The higher the elevation of the flat bench, the higher the resistance of the exercise is.
- Lower yourself until your chest almost touches the floor as you inhale.
- Using your pectoral muscles, press your upper body back up to the starting position and squeeze your chest. Breathe out as you perform this step.
- After a second pause at the contracted position, repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
Variations: Another way to perform this exercise is to use an exercise ball to elevate your body instead of a flat bench. This adds a level of difficulty due to the instability provided.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Chest, and auxiliary muscles: Triceps, Shoulders
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Push-Ups With Feet Elevated» are among the best rated by athletes.