Cable Incline Triceps Extension
How to perform exercise
- Lie on incline an bench facing away from a high pulley machine that has a straight bar attachment on it.
- Grasp the straight bar attachment overhead with a pronated (overhand; palms down) narrow grip (less than shoulder width) and keep your elbows tucked in to your sides. Your upper arms should create around a 25 degree angle when measured from the floor.
- Keeping the upper arms stationary, extend the arms as you flex the triceps. Breathe out during this portion of the movement and hold the contraction for a second.
- Slowly go back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can also use an angled attachment or a rope attachment as well. Finally, you can perform one arm at a time by using a single handle attachment.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Triceps, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.