Cable Lying Triceps Extension
How to perform exercise
- Lie on a flat bench and grasp the straight bar attachment of a low pulley with a narrow overhand grip. Tip: The easiest way to do this is to have someone hand you the bar as you lay down.
- With your arms extended, position the bar over your torso. Your arms and your torso should create a 90-degree angle. This will be your starting position.
- Lower the bar by bending at the elbow while keeping the upper arms stationary and elbows in. Go down until the bar lightly touches your forehead. Breathe in as you perform this portion of the movement.
- Flex the triceps as you lift the bar back to its starting position. Exhale as you perform this portion of the movement.
- Hold for a second at the contracted position and repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can also perform this exercise with a barbell, an E-Z bar, an E-Z bar cable attachment, and dumbbells.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Shoulders, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.