Cable Hammer Curls - Rope Attachment
How to perform exercise
- Attach a rope attachment to a low pulley and stand facing the machine about 12 inches away from it.
- Grasp the rope with a neutral (palms-in) grip and stand straight up keeping the natural arch of the back and your torso stationary.
- Put your elbows in by your side and keep them there stationary during the entire movement. Tip: Only the forearms should move; not your upper arms. This will be your starting position.
- Using your biceps, pull your arms up as you exhale until your biceps touch your forearms. Tip: Remember to keep the elbows in and your upper arms stationary.
- After a 1 second contraction where you squeeze your biceps, slowly start to bring the weight back to the original position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can perform this exercise with dumbbells.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Biceps, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Cable Hammer Curls - Rope Attachment » are among the best rated by athletes.