Reverse Barbell Preacher Curls
How to perform exercise
- Grab an EZ-bar using a shoulder width and palms down (pronated) grip.
- Now place the upper part of both arms on top of the preacher bench and have your arms extended. This will be your starting position.
- As you exhale, use the biceps to curl the weight up until your biceps are fully contracted and the barbell is at shoulder height. Squeeze the biceps hard for a second at the contracted position.
- As you breathe in, slowly lower the barbell until your upper arms are extended and the biceps is fully stretched.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- This exercise can be performed using an e-z bar, cables or dumbbells.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Biceps, and auxiliary muscles: Forearm
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.