6 minutes for reading 345 views
Glutes (look at the image)
How to perform exercise
- On a flat bench lie facedown with the hips on the edge of the bench, the legs straight with toes high off the floor and with the arms on top of the bench holding on to the front edge.
- Squeeze your glutes and hamstrings and straighten the legs until they are level with the hips. This will be your starting position.
- Start the movement by lifting the left leg higher than the right leg.
- Then lower the left leg as you lift the right leg.
- Continue alternating in this manner (as though you are doing a flutter kick in water) until you have done the recommended amount of repetitions for each leg. Make sure that you keep a controlled movement at all times. Tip: You will breathe normally as you perform this movement.
Variations: As you get more advanced you can use ankle weights.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Glutes, and auxiliary muscles: Hamstrings
You can try replacing the exercise «Flutter Kicks » with one of these exercises. The possibility of replacement is determined on the basis of the muscle groups involved.
Flutter Kicks Author: AtletIQ: on Flutter Kicks — The benefits of exercise, how to properly perform and how many sets to do.. Rating: 5