How to perform exercise
- Sit securely in a dip machine, select the weight and firmly grasp the handles.
- Now keep your elbows in at your sides in order to place emphasis on the triceps. The elbows should be bent at a 90 degree angle.
- As you contract the triceps, extend your arms downwards as you exhale. Tip: At the bottom of the movement, focus on keeping a little bend in your arms to keep tension on the triceps muscle.
- Now slowly let your arms come back up to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can perform this exercise on parallel bars or on a triceps dip assist machine.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Triceps, and auxiliary muscles: Chest, Shoulders
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.