Standing Bent-Over Two-Arm Dumbbell Triceps Extension
How to perform exercise
- With a dumbbell in each hand and the palms facing your torso, bend your knees slightly and bring your torso forward, by bending at the waist, while keeping the back straight until it is almost parallel to the floor. Make sure that you keep the head up. The upper arms should be close to the torso and parallel to the floor while the forearms are pointing towards the floor as the hands hold the weights. Tip: There should be a 90-degree angle between the forearms and the upper arm. This is your starting position.
- Keeping the upper arms stationary, use the triceps to lift the weights as you exhale until the forearms are parallel to the floor and the whole arms are extended. Like many other arm exercises, only the forearm moves.
- After a second contraction at the top, slowly lower the dumbbells back to their starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
- This exercise can be executed also one arm at a time.
- Also, if you like the one arm variety, you can use a single hand handle or rope attachment instead of a dumbbell for better peak contraction. In this case of the single hand handle, the palms should be facing up as opposed to the torso.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Triceps, Shoulders, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Standing Bent-Over Two-Arm Dumbbell Triceps Extension» are among the best rated by athletes.