Standing Dumbbell Straight-Arm Front Delt Raise Above Head
How to perform exercise
- Hold the dumbbells in front of your thighs, palms facing your thighs.
- Keep your arms straight with a slight bend at the elbows but keep them locked. This will be your starting position.
- Raise the dumbbells in a semicircular motion to arm's length overhead as you exhale.
- Slowly return to the starting position using the same path as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variation: You can perform this exercise with a barbell or by alternating dumbbells.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Shoulders, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Standing Dumbbell Straight-Arm Front Delt Raise Above Head» are among the best rated by athletes.