Seated Calf Raise
How to perform exercise
- Sit on the machine and place your toes on the lower portion of the platform provided with the heels extending off. Choose the toe positioning of your choice (forward, in, or out) as per the beginning of this chapter.
- Place your lower thighs under the lever pad, which will need to be adjusted according to the height of your thighs. Now place your hands on top of the lever pad in order to prevent it from slipping forward.
- Lift the lever slightly by pushing your heels up and release the safety bar. This will be your starting position.
- Slowly lower your heels by bending at the ankles until the calves are fully stretched. Inhale as you perform this movement.
- Raise the heels by extending the ankles as high as possible as you contract the calves and breathe out. Hold the top contraction for a second.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Calves, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Seated Calf Raise» are among the best rated by athletes.