Crunch - Legs On Exercise Ball
How to perform exercise
- Lie flat on your back with your feet resting on an exercise ball and your knees bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Place your feet three to four inches apart and point your toes inward so they touch.
- Place your hands lightly on either side of your head keeping your elbows in. Tip: Don't lock your fingers behind your head.
- Push the small of your back down in the floor in order to better isolate your abdominal muscles. This will be your starting position.
- Begin to roll your shoulders off the floor and continue to push down as hard as you can with your lower back. Your shoulders should come up off the floor only about four inches, and your lower back should remain on the floor. Breathe out as you execute this portion of the movement. Squeeze your abdominals hard at the top of the contraction and hold for a second. Tip: Focus on a slow, controlled movement. Refrain from using momentum at any time.
- Slowly go back down to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variation: For the most advanced lifters, a weighted plate can be held in your hands.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Abs, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Crunch - Legs On Exercise Ball» are among the best rated by athletes.