One-Legged Cable Kickback
How to perform exercise
- Hook a leather ankle cuff to a low cable pulley and then attach the cuff to your ankle.
- Face the weight stack from a distance of about two feet, grasping the steel frame for support.
- While keeping your knees and hips bent slightly and your abs tight, contract your glutes to slowly "kick" the working leg back in a semicircular arc as high as it will comfortably go as you breathe out. Tip: At full extension, squeeze your glutes for a second in order to achieve a peak contraction.
- Now slowly bring your working leg forward, resisting the pull of the cable until you reach the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- Switch legs and repeat the movement for the other side.
Variations: You can perform this exercise with exercise bands.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Glutes, and auxiliary muscles: Hamstrings
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «One-Legged Cable Kickback » are among the best rated by athletes.